Monday, July 25, 2011

Reflective Writing - Cousin's Wedding.

People, Portrait, Group, Candid shot... Aww man so tough to get nice shot for these... Am I not fast enough? My gear is not sufficient? Sigh... all of sudden my mind is full with money... I want to get a flash gun, I want to get a monopod, I want to get a 18-200mm lens perhaps, I want to get a spare batteries... Need money, moneyssSSS lol... How good if I had won a jackpot huh?


Reflective Writing

People, I am still kinda shy to take photo of others, referring to stranger. But, I do met some friendly people who will smile back and stay stilled for photo.


Group, I felt kinda pressured because I have to make sure I take a good photo which everyone satisfied with it. So, I try to take multiple shots. I gotta bear in mind that others might not be that patience for me to do so.


Portrait, one of my cousin shared with me that 'angle' matters a lot especially for female. You must not take an angle which will reveal the 'ugly' or better words 'not-so-good-looking' side of your object. I am still in a lost in this because I had never exposed to much knowledge about this before.


Candid Shot, somehow I feel that my zoom lens if quite limited to get some pretty good candid shot. Especially when it is crowded and you are standing too far away from the object. Plus, people tend to move away because shy or simply avoiding to be captured. Especially little kids. Hope I don't sound like a pedophile or pervert. Kids are cute and innocent okay?

Well of course not just kids, I was trying to get some natural shot for the Groom and Bride. I am impressed by how street photographer do all those candid shots. But I failed to take real nice one. I am always slow in focusing and shooting. How the hell they (professional) compose so fast?


Low Light Shooting, Aperture and ISO be my two main variables. I tried it with aperture priority during the wedding dinner, putting ISO at 800 the most. It works out pretty good. But of course if I got a flash fun it will be better, I can then reduce the noise a little and speed up my shutter, if... *sigh* Plus, with monopod perhaps I can extend the shutter a little without worry to get blurry images.


Last but not least, post editing is the final resort for me to improve the photos before handling it to others. Most of the shots which I quite like it were not notice. Mostly people only notice when I play with the depth of field. Hmm... am I the artistic one OR are they not artistic enough? lol no offense. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment