Monday, January 18, 2016

Update: Thal Study

It was my mistake, but I couldn't help it. I was under pressure, my parents was traumatized in the past experience. I have done a further research and get some consultations from relevant experts.

I have send numerous emails. Although only a few reply. At least I do have some useful replies with information that are align with each other, haematologist from Hospital Ampang, Dr Alan from Lifestyle Clinic, previous head of haematologist department in SMC, forum thread found online. Which overall made them very convincing to me.

Last Friday, I received an reply email from Haematologist in Hospital Ampang.
It gave me hope that, the chances of us having the thal major kids can be totally eliminated, but with condition.

During my consultation visit with Dr Alan, what I learn is that it is not just the matter between Thal and Thal. Thal Alpha and Thal Beta have no risk of Thal major at all! Thal Alpha and Thal Beta are two different types of blood disorder. Even if kids with both trait will not make the kid suffer.

My sister help to find out from the previous HOD in SMC, although there is one very minimal chance that Thal Beta can be a silent Alpha carrier, which is extremely rare, anyway it can be tested via genetic testing. Even Thal Alpha and Thal Alpha can sometimes work out well not having risk of Thal Major, depending on their location of gene deletion.

I have not share these with her. I shouldn't. Not before I have explain thoroughly with my parents. I am feeling very anxious about it, feeling impatiently. I do not know how she feel, and how she think about me right now. And I do not know if she willing to take the test for me.

I was stuck at work for this weekend. I can only go back and settle the discussion in the coming weekend. This is not something that I can settle over the phone.

I really care about this relationship. I regretted for being rash, being impulsive at making decisions when I decided to end the relationship. Because I have never had conversation with my parents that made all of us cry about it, my parents really care about my relationship too. They feel really reluctant about it too, but our knowledge about it was not deep and thorough enough, now it makes the decision I made appear to be so hasty.

I got to wait until Saturday before I can discuss it with my parents. This feeling of waiting is killing me. Time passed so slow. I worry, I will be ignored, I want to settle this quick. That feeling when you are being ignored, is hurtful. I can't wait to share it with her.

I been lying to myself asking myself to let go. I will be lying if I say I do not hope for anything after all the efforts and sleepless night I had. I still hope that we still have change to get back together.


No comments:

Post a Comment